Friday, July 18, 2008

Beirut scenery...

I was waiting at MEA office in Beirut to book my travel ticket to go to Cyprus.

I ask the hostess: Is there any number to follow to go for counters?

Hostess 1: la2 madame, wait ayya counter byifda, w rou7i 3leih.

Me: ok...

I waited for about 5 mn... there was a man sitting next to me, so i thought that i hav to wait for him and go for my turn. I saw one guy leaving a counter, but i couldn’t c the hostess coz she was behind a column. I said to myself she will call the clients to come.... i waited about 5 mn... no call... ok... i asked the man sitting next to me, is it ur turn?? So he said to me he’s waiting for something else.
I went to this desk, i saw the hostess talking on the phone.

Me: can i make booking?

Hostess 2 : (just signing for me to sit) .... 1 mn later .... Eh madame... shou bitridi???
Me: i want to book to go to Cyprus...

I gave her a reservation I did before... so she started working on my ticket... and... i had to listen to her interesting phone conversation!

Hostess 2: leiki... ask him about me.... does he like me??? Is he interested in me??? Please wlo... ask him... leiki... khabbarouni inno 3am yidhar ma3 wi7deh isma Nathalie... oulilo inno Pascal a7san... (meaning herself in a very dallou3a way) ... bisharafik ... ba3dein... ba3do el chalet 3indo??? Wil she22a??? Dakhlik shou wad3o ma3 ahlo??? (something said on the other line....) ... wlo bisharafik... ma ana bdalni binit inti bta3rfi... el shab gheir biydal... (here she was about to finish my booking and she had to bring a print out) leiki i will call u later... bass bi sharafik... dab2i 3lei w dallik oulilo pascal a7san! Please please please!

She finishes her phone call... i was expecting from her to say to me... sorry ... at least like i wasn’t obliged to hear the whole conversation... nothing said! She stands up restretch her mini skirt showing her tall legs... adjusting her body, moving her head higher flying her hair and .. her lips... like every Lebanese girl... double sized... she brings me my ticket and...

Hostess 2: tfaddali madame...

And me... completely shocked... i say thanks and I left!

Am I becoming... old fashionned person????!!!

1 comment:

Javier Castro said...

Venga Ghada, llevamos mucho tiempo esperando un update en tu blog!

Un abrazo!